Travel Guide to Vancouver, Canada
http://bestflights.co.za/internationalflights/canada/vancouver - Visit for more information on Vancouver, Canada.
Vancouver is a coastal city located in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, Canada. The city had an estimated population of 2 328 000 in July 2009.
What to see:
* Cananda Place – Vancouver waterfront – amazing landmark and focus of downtown
* Stanley Park – Scenic gardens and largest city park in Canada.
* Capilano Suspension Bridge – Most spectacular suspension bridges (for the adventurous)
* Grouse Mountain – Skiing, nature trails and Birds in motion demonstrations
* Historic Gastown – Birthplace of Vancouver with many art galleries & studios etc
* The Vancouver Aquarium – 60 000 exotic and fascinating creatures from around the world
* Granville Island – Markets, Theaters, Restaurants, Bars and Farmers market
* Robson Street - Shopping for leading brands (fashion and retail industry)
* Chinatown – Markets with fresh seafood, vegetables, Chinese medicines etc
* Dr. Sun Yat Set Gardens – Lush gardens, a living treasure with a gift shop
Things to do:
* Abbotsford Air Show – Largest Air Show in Canada
* Comedy Festival – 7 days of the best comedy in the world
* Crankworx Mountain Bike Fest – Free-ride mountain bike playground
* Festival Vancouver – 14 Days of outstanding classical, jazz and world music concerts in venues across the city
* Harmony Arts – Free exhibitions, demonstrations, studio tours, theatre, concerts, markets and hands-on activities
* Jazz Blues Weekend – Jazz and blues music, indoors and outdoors.
* Okanagan Wine Festival – One of the Top 100 Events in North America
* Pride Week – Celebrating the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender (GLBT) community
* Symphony of Fire – Several nights of world class Fireworks displays and competitions.
* Theatre under the Stars – Summer musical theatre productions in the pastoral outdoor setting of historic Malkin Bowl in Stanley Park.